SciArt Greeting Cards
The set of six SciArt greeting cards include:
- Thank you: “Grazie, thank you, merci, gracias, danke. “Single nucleotide polymorphisms” are wrapped around the double helix.
- Thank you: Muchas gracias, thank you very much, merci beaucoup. Tiny life forms evolved billions of years ago thanks to the invention of RNA and DNA.
- Happy birthday: Happy sequential birthday! Unlike the numerical sequence of our birthday, our DNA is written as a series of letters — ATCG. Everyone’s sequence is unique.
- Happy birthday: Happy Birthday! You’re not old! Consider the creatures from the Cambrian Era that lived 540 million years ago. What a bunch of fossils!
- Sympathy card: “condolences, memories, sincere compassion for your loss.”
- Congratulations! New Baby! “The beginning of life on our planet started in the ocean 3.5 billion years ago. Molecules combined, replicated, and tiny life forms were born.”
For the science that inspires my work, read about the Human Genome Project, “one of the great feats of scientific exploration. Check out “Artist for Genomics” for more about my materials and methods to make us genome-literate.